Friday, February 29, 2008

Bookwise Permeates My Soul!


I am a cotton farmer's granddaughter! My grandparents farmed cotton in Lamesa, Texas where the soil is red. I am proud of my Texas heritage!
John Grisham wrote a book called the Painted House. It was about a cotton farm in the south. What a nostalgic book. It was just like the stories that my mother told me. What power books have to touch the senses and take us to places that we only remember from a time long forgotten. I love books! That's why I joined Bookwise.
I owned a flower shop in Layton, Utah. I signed my lease the day of 9/11. Business was bad for about a year until people stopped being afraid and started venturing out again. My specialty was weddings. See http://www.twodesigningwomen.com/. We started growing and I was spending an average of 10 hours a day at the shop. It was affecting my health and my relationships and all the money was going back into the business. I was introduced to Bookwise, and I saw it as a chance to supplement my income. www.bookwisepro.net/kathybishop I had no idea that it would permeate my soul! When I discovered I had high blood pressure on top of my diabetes, I closed the shop to concentrate on Bookwise and my family.
What a wonderful year it has been! I get to be taught by Richard Paul Evans (Rick) and Robert G. Allen. I see and talk with them every month and get to hear them on teleconferences several times a week. My life has been transformed by this experience. The picture is of my getting an award at the first annual Bookwise Convention. Drop me a note. I'd love to hear about your life. Happy Reading, Kathy

2 comments:

Mindy said...

I didn't know you'd gotten an award. Congratulations. Your blog looks great. It looks like you've got it figured out to me. Thanks for passing on our address. I think these are such a great way to keep in touch. More fun and personal than email, but just as fast.

If you'd like, I'll put a link to your blog on ours. Anybody interested in books can look you up. Let me know.

Chris said...

Howdy Stranger. I'd like to read a post that tells more of the story of the Cotton Farmer. You could get it published with the help of Bookwise. Way to dive into the business of Bookwise- it has sort of been placed on the back burner these days with the new one in the house, but I know my husband would like to work at it again soon. Thanks for reading my blog and leaving a comment!